Sunday 10 April 2016

Sowing more stuff

Today I sowed some of the tender veg. These included:
Runner bean: "White Emergo"
French bean: "Blue Lake"
Pumpkin: "Jack O' Lantern"
Courgette: "Dundoo"
The beans were sown into modules and placed in our plastic greenhouse. I sowed 8 seeds of each. The courgette and pumpkin seeds were sown into 5 inch pots to be placed
. I put 4 of each seed in a pot. The courgette seeds are an F1 hybrid and claimed to have on average 5 seeds per packet. I got lucky and had 13 in mine!
In other news, many of the flower seeds sown the other week are beginning to germinate. The golden acre cabbages in the plastic greenhouse are doing particularly well (sown 7th Feb) so I have brought them out to begin hardening them off:

There are 13 plants in total. The cauliflowers sown on the same day are half the size and look rather unhappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment