Friday 4 March 2016

A plethora of seedlings

Good news. The cabbages, cauliflowers and tomatoes are growing away nicely so have been potted up. The cabbages and caulis have been moved from a sunny windowsill into a plastic greenhouse in the garden. I'm hoping that they will be okay as temperatures are only in single figures during the day and close to freezing at night! After a slow start the Chadwick tomatoes finally germinated. I have kept 5 plants:
These seeds were 3 years out of date! In the right of the above pic you can see the coriander. The Chadwick seedlings are already overtaking the Garden Pearl seedlings that germinated a good 10 days earlier. I have kept 8 of these:
To my delight the chillis sown 2.5 weeks ago in an unheated propagator are germinating. So far we have 9 Cherry Bombs and 2 Ring Of Fire:
The tray in the background is filled with oriental mustards. I have'nt decided whether to harvest these as cut-and-come-again or grown on as individual plants...
I also sowed a tray of Musselburgh leeks in the propagator and some mixed salad leaves in a tray in the plastic greenhouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment