Wednesday 24 June 2015

Monster salad

We have had copious amounts of salad this week, with some of the lettuce reaching epic proportions. Check this out:
You can just make out my arm on the left to give an idea of scale. I have no idea what variety this is but it was very tasty. On Monday we picked the first of the carrots plus some more salad (purple oak leaf lettuce and a little gem):
The carrots were a bit disappointing. Many had forked and were quite stumpy despite growing them in the raised bed. Basically far more top than bottom!

To my surprise (and delight) I can see the beginnings of the head of a cauliflower under the enviromesh:
I have high hopes for this beauty! We managed to get our leeks in today:
The leeks look great and are about the thickness of a pencil. I planted 60 but still have to find room for another 10 or so. We also planted 2 courgettes and 2 butternut squash plants into a black membrane that you can see in the background next to the enviromesh tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment