Saturday 21 February 2015

Tomato seeds planted

Now we are beginning to move towards the intense sowing season I have decided to get my tomato seeds going whilst there is still a little bit of space in the propagator. I sowed 4 seeds per 3 inch pot of 5 different varieties:


These are:

Moneymaker: A versatile salad tomato that I have grown many times before. Quite prolific even if grown outside (as is the case for me). Not a lot of flavour but great roasted.

Garden Pearl: A new-to-me small cherry variety that can be grown in hanging baskets and did well in a Gardeners World trial in terms of number of fruits and flavour. I plan to put these in hanging baskets too.

Gardeners Delight: Sweet cherry variety I have grown many times before and do well outside.

Marmande: A beefsteak variety, will be interesting to see if I can get these to ripen outside!!

Sunbaby: A yellow cherry variety also not grown before. Awarded an RHS garden of merit.

In other news the cabbage Golden Acre and cauliflower All Year Round are growing away nicely so these have been moved into our utility which is quite bright but not very warm (about 10 degrees cooler than the house).

I have also sown some more salad in compostable modules: Lollo Rosso (my daughters favourite) and red and green salad bowl mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment